Tuesday, 10 July 2012
OPEN TO INTERNAL & NON-REPRESENTED MEMBER STATES CANDIDATES
Position Title : Procurement and Logistics Officer (Two Positions)
Duty Station : Juba, South Sudan*
Classification : Official, Grade Equiv. P3
Type of Appointment : Special, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : July 12, 2012
Reference Code : SVN2012/59(O)-INT
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM has a proactive recruitment policy to increase the representation of nationals of non- represented member states. Qualified applicants from the following countries will be favorably considered:
Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Benin, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Holy See, Honduras, Israel, Jamaica, Lesotho, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Maldives, Malta, Mauritania, Micronesia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nauru, Niger, Nigeria, Paraguay, Rwanda, Seychelles, Slovenia, Somalia, South Sudan, Swaziland, Timor Leste, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Yemen
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission in Juba, and the direct supervision of the Head of Procurement and Logistics Unit in Juba, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for procurement and logistics activities of IOM in South Sudan.
Core functions / responsibilities:
1. Supervise IOM teams involved in the following categories of procurement and logistics work within the area of responsibility: fleet staff (including drivers of 50 IOM trucks and Government of South Sudan trucks on indefinite loan to IOM, and of 40 IOM light vehicles; mechanics working at IOM workshops in Juba and Wau); procurement staff
(local and international procurement); logistics staff (including logistics cluster's common transport service and IOM warehousing and transport operations).
2. Conduct procurement and logistics tasks within the mission, including property and assets control, supply, service/maintenance, contractual agreements.
3. Analyze procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor's performance in the areas of quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the Organization's best interests.
4. Solicit bids, quotations, tender documents; oversee bidding process and provide support for procurement transactions, analyze them for conformity to specified requirements; conduct appraisals and select suppliers, and confirm terms of payment; prepare purchase orders and ensure receiving authorization by Chief of Mission.
5. Follow up on purchase orders (PO) status and keep the head of unit and respective project managers abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions; ensure all expected merchandise is received in accordance with PO specifications, and that all goods are in good condition.
6. Ensure that appropriate funds are available for purchase; ensure receipts are received when payment is conducted in cash; request authorization of the head of unit regarding bank transfer payments.
7. Ensure that appropriate record is kept on assets disposal, ensure assets are located accordingly and used in IOM's best interest; regularly upgrade inventory list.
8. Assist in the adherence to stockroom management practices, in order to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss; control supply stock and monitor consumable materials, in order to be able to provide staff with ready access to common regularly used items and replenishment.
9. Monitor maintenance and repair of office facilities, including preventive maintenance. Establish maintenance agreements with competent service providers, when it is feasible and determined to be cost effective.
10. Undertake field travel to programme sites to perform procurement and logistics evaluations as necessary, upon request from the head of unit.
11. Maintain and update databases of preferred suppliers.
12. Represent IOM in inter-agency fora, including the procurement working group and the logistics cluster.
13. Undertake frequent duty travel to field locations in order to supervise and train field staff.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
a) takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism; b) works effectively with all clients and stakeholders; c) promotes continuous learning: communicates clearly; d) takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management; e) plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; f) displays mastery of subject matter; g) contributes to a collegial team environment; h) creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse
(PSEA); i) incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation; j) displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; k) works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
a) effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services; b) effectively works with vendors and service providers in compliance with IOM procedures to secure cost-effective quality solutions for IOM; c) drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
a) completed advanced university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Procurement; b) five years (or seven years for candidates holding a first level university degree) of progressive responsible experience in managing diverse procurement and logistics operations; c) excellent level of computer literacy and good knowledge of SAP/PRISM required; d) demonstrated experience in training and managing large teams of co-workers, managing vendors and suppliers; e) extensive knowledge of IOM internal procurement and financial rules, as well as IOM's PRISM elements as they apply to procurement and logistics.
Thorough knowledge of English. Knowledge of Arabic an advantage.
* With frequent missions to field locations within South Sudan.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by July 12, 2012 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/jahia/Jahia/pid/165
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 05.07.2012 to 12.07.2012
Requisition: SVN2012/59(O)-Procurement & Logistics Officer (Equiv. P3) - South Sudan (54440753) Released Posting: SVN2012/59(O)-Procurement & Logistics Officer (Equiv. P3) - South Sudan (54440754) Released
Posting Channel: For Internal Candidates
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...