Thursday, 5 July 2012
Job Title: Principal Cost Engineer
The company's operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 31,000 square kilometres.
SPDC has more than 6,000 kilometres of pipelines and flowlines, 87 flowstations, 8 gas plants and more than 1,000 producing wells. The company employs more than 4,500 people directly of whom 95 per cent are Nigerians. Some 66 per cent of the Nigerian staff members are from the Niger Delta. Another 20,000 people are employed indirectly through the network of companies that provide supplies and services
Minimum of 7 years of experience,preferably in a project environment in the E&P business. Working knowledge of cost estimating including estimating systems,tools and practices. Good inter-personal and leadership skills. Good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
• In view of the profile of Shell Projects,this level of position requires a mature professional with a combination of good technical,analytical,and interpersonal skills.
• Good understanding of and demonstrable hands-on experience in all functional aspects of Cost Engineering including estimating,budgeting,forecasting,commitment control,change control,variations,contract management,and/or claims analysis.
• Proven competence in hands-on use of at least one well-known Project Cost Estimating & Control Software in addition to a well-known general ledger system is essential (hands-on experience with the SAP Project System Module is most desirable but not a pre-requisite).
• Skilled in MS applications,especially Excel.
• Demonstrable experience in the ability to prepare meaningful reports,in clear and concise English,utilizing information and data received from third parties,SAP (or equivalent system) and own analyses.
• Ability to work cohesively and communicate effectively in multi-cultural teams whilst being aware of and sensitive to cultural differences. Tact,teamwork,and diplomacy are of the essence.
A university degree or HND in Engineering, Science or Quantity Surveying.
Minimum of 7 years of experience, preferably in a project environment in the E&P business.
Application Deadline: Monday 09 July 2012
Number of Vacancies: 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply;
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title: Public Health Specialist (Biomedical Prevention) ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESI...
Job Title:Construction Manager Location: Monrovia, Liberia FLSA: Exempt Core Sector: Infrastructure Experience Level: Regular Full-time ...