Friday, 6 July 2012
Job Title: POLICY OFFICER, AFRICA’S STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS DIVISION
Vacancy Ref.: -
Closing date: 7/23/2012
Department: ADMIN. & HR DEVELOPMENT
Post Level P2
Job Category Select a job Area ...
Immdiate Supervisor Chief of Staff, Bureau of the Chairperson
Duty Station Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT:POLICYOFFICER, AFRICA’S STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS DIVISION
The African Union (AU),established as a unique Pan African continental body, is charged withspearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development bypromoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples ofAfrica and African States as well as developing a new partnership worldwide.Its Headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, capital city of Ethiopia.
In seeking to achieve thisobjective, the African Union intends to strengthen its capacity to deliver by,among others, the implementation of a new organizational structure and thefilling of all vacant posts. In view of the growing number of requests fromprospective Partners to establish new arrangements for cooperation with Africathrough the AU, the Executive Council, at its 12th Ordinary Session held inAddis Ababa in January 2007, and further to a report submitted by theCommission, adopted decision EX.CL/Dec.397(XII) which, among other things,requested the Commission to deploy necessary efforts to develop a new type of partnershipin order to maximize mutual benefits and to earmark resources in the budget.
In implementing this directive,the Commission has developed relations with different international Partners indifferent regions of the world, particularly with India; China; South Korea;Countries of South America, the European Union; Turkey; League of Arab States;the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC); Organization of American States(OAS); Commonwealth, la Francophonie, and others.
The Division of StrategicPartnerships in the Office of the Chairperson of the Commission is looking forsuitable candidates for the following:
Job title: PolicyOfficer, Africa’s Strategic Partnerships Division
Supervisor: Chief of Staff, Bureau of the Chairperson
Duty Station:Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
2. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To assist in the efficient implementation of the programmes and projects related to the Africa Strategic Partnerships;
· To manage the activities relating to those Partnerships;
Oversee the information and data entry into the Partnership Information and Management System (PIMS);
Generate and compile accurate reports in a timely manner for the PRC Sub-Committee on Multilateral Cooperation and the AU Commission’s internal use;
· To follow-up on the implementation of activities resultingfrom those instruments;
· To prepare the documentation for the work of the PRC and theSub Committee on Multilateral Cooperation;
· To liaise with the various Departments/Units of the Commissionfor coordination purposes as they relate to each Partnership;
Performany other relevant duty/ responsibility assigned by the Head of the Unit.
3. Qualifications and Experience Required
· The incumbent must have minimum a BachelorUniversity degree in the fields of Strategic Planning, Business Administration, Accounting orEconomics;
4. Professionalexperience required:
A minimum of 5 years ofwork experience with strong background in strategic planning and programme/project management; proven experience in budgeting and accounting will be anadded advantage.
5. Otherrelevant skills:
· Excellent knowledge of the workings of international organizations andmanagement skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, drafting, report writing and communicationskills;
· Financial management and analytical skills in a Donor fundedenvironment;
· Good analytical capability and ability to pay attention to detail;
· Leadership and organizational abilities;
· Capacity to work under pressure in a multicultural environment.
6. Language requirement
Proficiencyin one of the African Union working languages. Proficiency of one or severalother working language(s) would be an added value
7. Age requirement:
Candidatesmust preferably be between 30and 45 years old.
8. Tenure of Appointment:
The appointment will be made on a fixedterm contract for a period of three (3) years,of with the first twelve months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be fora period of two years renewable, subjectto satisfactory performance and deliverables.
TheAU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are stronglyencouraged to apply.
10. Remuneration: Indicative basic salary of US $27,892.00 perannum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basicsalary), Housing allowance ($16,819.20 perannum), education allowance (75% oftuition and other education related expenses for every eligible dependent up toa maximum of US$7,800.00 per child per annum), etc for internationally recruitedstaff of the CommissionUS$ 2,250.00 per child per annual for locally recruitedstaff.
Applications must be made through theAUC E-recruitment Website http://www.aucareers.orgnotlater than______________.
Directorateof Administration and Human Resource Management
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...