Job Title:A.I.D Project Management Specialist (Pharmaceutical and Health Commodities)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 2012 - 017
NOTE: All applicants must be RESIDING IN COUNTRY and have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
OPEN TO: All interested Candidates.
POSITION: A.I.D Project Management Specialist (Pharmaceutical and Health Commodities), Grade level: FSN-11 BASIC SALARY: From FRW 14,230,851 to FRW 24,192,452 per year.
OPENING DATE: July 01, 2012
CLOSING DATE: July 22, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week.
USAID/Rwanda is seeking an Ordinarily Resident citizen or individual with the required work permit for employment as A.I.D Project Management Specialist (Pharmaceuticals and Health Commodities).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The Pharmaceuticals and Health Commodities Specialist will contribute to the management and implementation of the health system strengthening portfolio. S/He will support results and provide expert advice in the area of commodities and logistics, including procurement, logistics, and pharmaceutical management. The selected candidate will be responsible for advising USAID/Rwanda Mission, the health team and other USG agencies and partners on commodity procurement and logistics issues and programs. A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available on the link: http://transition.usaid.ov/rw
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criteria detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Master's degree in public health, supply -chain, business, pharmaceutical management, health policy, public administration or related field required.
Prior Work Experience (35Pts)
- Minimum 5 years' relevant professional experience (includes pharmaceutical and health commodities project management and administration) is required.
Language Proficiency (1OPts):
- Strong oral and written skills, including the ability to clearly communicate new program and technical concepts to technical and non-technical counterparts in English required. (Level 4).
1. Strong understanding of Rwanda public health and pharmaceutical sector.
2. Strong understanding of supply chain systems and commodity logistics for all health products (including HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria, family planning, and essential medicines).
3. Understanding of how supply chains and commodity security aligns with overall health systems strengthening.
4. Understanding of the components to support an enabling environment for commodity security and strong supply chain system, including but not limited to leadership, policy and regulatory systems, financing and
resource mobilization, advocacy, and rational drug use.
5. Experience and/or understanding of quantification, forecasting, and supply planning preferred.
6. Experience and/or understanding of freight forwarding, import regulations and custom clearance procedures.
7. Practical experience in Health/Pharmaceuticals procurement and understanding of international procurement regulations.
Skills and Abilities (1Opts2
1. Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking).
2. Excellent presentation, research/analytical and quantitative skills.
3. Excellent skills in representation, liaison and collaboration with government, private, and non-governmental organizations.
4. Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
5. Proven ability to work as part of a team.
6. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position must submit all of the following or their applications won't be considered:
1. Application for employment as locally employed staff or family member form (DS- 174) which is provided at the link: http://transition.usaid.gov/rw
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as in the DS-174;
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, and copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION BY E-MAIL TO:
Human Resources Office,
Tel: 0252-596800, Ext. # 2694 and # 2693
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: July 22, 2012.
Tuesday, 10 July 2012
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title:Field Accountant, DR Congo Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo - The Field Accountant is responsible for administrative field...
Job Title:Construction Manager Location: Monrovia, Liberia FLSA: Exempt Core Sector: Infrastructure Experience Level: Regular Full-time ...