Job Title: Teacher, Liberia (1192)
Monrovia, Liberia - We have a Teacher position available in Monrovia, Liberia. This position will be responsible for coordinating the educational and teaching curriculum for the children of expatriate Samaritan’s Purse (SP) Liberia employees.
Liberia was founded on noble principles as a 19th-century refuge for freed American slaves. It is one of the few countries never colonized in Africa. Its name means “Land of the Free.” In recent decades, however, Liberia has been wracked by war, terror, and corruption. A military-led coup in 1980 was followed by civil wars in 1989 and 1999. Hundreds of thousands were killed and the economy was devastated during the years of violence. Peace was finally restored, but the nation has been ravaged. Unemployment runs as high as 85 percent, and less than 40 percent of the adults are literate. People are searching for hope.
Join us in our work in Liberia!
• Demonstrates Christ-like behavior that is reflective of the standards and policies established for an employee of SP and is pursuant with the organizational core values.
• Coordinates, organizes, and administers the educational curriculum for the students including the day to day activities in coordination with the home school curriculum.
• Ensuring a positive learning environment for the children which would consist of clean working spaces and organization of all teaching and school supplies.
• Communicates with the Country Director and parents on the progress of the children and the school (it is suggested that monthly meetings be arranged).
• Assists, when possible and needed, in other educational areas of SP.
• Maintains an expert knowledge of SP projects.
• Demonstrates spiritual and personal maturity to represent the organization well.
• Ability to educate children and seeing them develop to their potential. If necessary, be able and willing to provide extra tutoring to the students on a needs basis.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Elementary or Secondary Education or related field and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• Overseas teaching experience desirable.
• International travel, experience living in the developing world, and/or experience working in a developing world desired.
• Strong communication skills; ability to express accurately and effectively both written and verbal.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and tasks at any given time.
• Able to teach and train children; ability to grasp quickly and continually increase information and ideas.
• Ability to work in a team environment; must communicate and engage with both the SP team, the “Parent Team” as well as the “Student Team.”
• Ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance, by setting clear goals and objectives.
• Ability to understand and work with people in other cultures.
• Ability to set vision and goals for the classroom.
• Ability to adjust quickly to new situations; ability to assess problems and seek and implement solutions.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is able to accommodate a family.
How to Apply;
Thursday, 21 June 2012
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title:Construction Manager Location: Monrovia, Liberia FLSA: Exempt Core Sector: Infrastructure Experience Level: Regular Full-time ...
Job Title: Public Health Specialist (Biomedical Prevention) ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESI...