Job Title:Supervisor Control & Automation Maintenance Job ID: F30126
Location: RABI, Other, Gabon
Shell companies have been finding and producing oil and gas around the world for over a century. Today, in our Upstream International division we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 39 countries and employ approximately 19,000 staff (not including contractors).
This is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell has been operating in Gabon for fifty years and has a strong portfolio in the South of the country. The Rabi, Toucan and Koula fields are located approximately 50 kilometers north of the Gamba field, where the company also has its headquarters. The company recently opened an office in Libreville and just under fifty staff working in support function jobs now work there.
• Provide technical advice,support and action as appropriate within the Maintenance Execution team in solving faults arising on meter equipment as per the MIE process.
• Provide Control & Automation discipline expertise to direct the engineering and maintenance activities of the Asset team to achieve the business targets.
• Host vendor visits and ensure that recommendations from vendors are followed up in order to keep DCS/IPS and F&G systems healthy and compliant to standards.
• Manage and verify availability of maintenance contracts in the area of C&A.
• Provide technical advice and support to operational teams while troubleshooting and problem solving of referred items.
• Provide operational & maintenance input to Engineering for new instrumentation plant change project.
• Provide discipline technical advice and approval for basis for design,detailed design and implementation phases of projects.
• Ensure availability of critical spare parts throughout the field’s life cycle.
• Raise Material Master Proposals for operational equipment spares within discipline and provide support to buyers.
• Provide support to Contract & Procurement team while raising C&A contracts.
• Create,review and update instrumentation functional location & maintenance plan in SAP & update procedure,FdT etc. as appropriate.
• Ensure that performance standards of Safety Critical Elements are defined and that performance assurance activities are well managed.
• Provide the required support/input to the Integrity Activity Planning process.
• Provide effective and efficient support to work preparation process.
• Provide input for annual Business Plan (budget).
• Provide necessary procedures to define discipline maintenance activities.
• Analyse discipline facility maintenance and operating performance,develop and progress improvement proposals to plant,systems or practices.
• Perform audits on discipline maintenance and engineering practices to ensure compliance with existing procedures and identify where additional controls are required
• Provide necessary procedures to define discipline maintenance and engineering activities.
• Carry out spot-checks and start-up audits on installation,commissioning and refurbishment activities to confirm quality of execution..
• Co-Owner of IPF & responsible for IPF lifecycle in Asset supported.
• Contribute and be key member of Asset team Hazop study.
• Hold appropriate educational qualification
• He shall have a minimum of 5 years direct experience in instrument field operations in the upstream hydrocarbon producing industry, in addition he shall also have minimum experience in the engineering area of Control & Automation.
• Analytical skills and fault finding Skills
• A working knowledge of SAP
• A good Team player
• Good communication skills
Application Deadline: Saturday 30 June 2012
Number of Vacancies: 3
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply;
Wednesday, 6 June 2012
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title:Field Accountant, DR Congo Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo - The Field Accountant is responsible for administrative field...
Job Title:Construction Manager Location: Monrovia, Liberia FLSA: Exempt Core Sector: Infrastructure Experience Level: Regular Full-time ...