Job Title:Strategic Marketing Manager Coca-Cola
JOB ID 23321
LOCATION(S) South Africa
SPECIFIC LOCATION Park Town
DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
The posting of this role will close on 22nd June 2012
• Provide marketing leadership to the business unit (BU) for identifying, creating and prioritizing profitable volume opportunities for Coca-Cola Trademark (TM.)
• Develop and execute marketing strategies and integrated programs that maximize volume and long-term value of Coca-Cola TM.
• Develop and execute marketing strategies and integrated programs for marketing the category (MTC).
• Nurture an effective working relationship with franchises to ensure proper field execution of marketing strategies
• Ensure alignment with Global and EAG Group vision/guidelines & coordinate best practice/projects while ensuring local relevance
Briefly describe the primary duties/responsibilities of this job in 5-8 bullet points. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity.
Prioritized Responsibilities % of Time
Implementation of Brand Plans/Strategies:
Secure correct and timely implementation of strategies in cooperation with key BU functions: Technical, Finance, Legal, PA&C, Marketing Communication, Marketing Insights and Strategic Planning, Customer and Commercial Leadership and Bottler to execute brand plans with excellence, evaluate the results and leverage learnings.
Provide timely, accurate and inspirational communication between the Company and Franchises as well as appropriate company departments and management regarding consumer marketing issues/opportunity.
Lead, manage and develop 3rd party agencies in conjunction with IMC organisation (ie. activation, experiential and promotional agencies) to achieve the best execution of brand plans. 30
Formulate consumer marketing strategies, plans and programs ensuring locally relevant brand positioning.
Ensure franchise alignment with global & BU strategies while catering for the local market business & brand priorities
Develop the Team:
Coach, train, develop and inspire the members of the marketing team (at BU & franchise level).
Ensure the team is engaged and organized for growth in a winning environment.
Lead, motivate and develop capabilities of the BU Marketing community
Vision + Long range planning:
Develop long range strategic plans for the assigned category/brands
Ensure that commitments of resources at franchise level are in place to deliver. 10
Lead programs that drive volume and profit plus increase volume and market share. This includes innovation to create new brands and related profit streams. 10
Ensure strategic brand communications (including advertising, promotion and media plans) via deep consumer understanding, KBI tracking and following global brand/category strategy guidelines, in conjunction with IMC team.
Establish and manage marketing budgets and ensure appropriate funding across marketing mix elements of the brand/portfolio and implement programs to drive efficiencies. 5
Work with the knowledge and insights team to develop consumer marketing insights and provide a foundation for marketing strategy and channel management. Co-ordinate the necessary market research tests for assigned brands/category.
FINANCIAL/ JOB SCOPE: Identify quantitative factors for this job, such as volume, annual budget, customer contacts (e.g., # of bottlers, customers, etc.), and other major indicators of the scope and complexity of this job.
Volume (unit case/gallons) 539m Unit Cases
Retail Customer Locations ±75,000 Direct Supply
Foodservice Customer Locations N/A
Brands/Products 13 Sparkling Brands (6 over 20muc pa), 10 Still Brands (3 over 5muc pa)
Product Launches Annually ±10
Countries Single Country
Currencies Single Currency
Bottlers & types 4 Franchise Bottlers, incl. 2 Top-to-Top. One Intercompany Manufacturing Facility.
# Vendors & Dollars Managed 1300+ Vendors, $185m+
P&L, Profit Before Tax $ 445m
Operating Budget DME $ 61m+, Opex $ 56m+
Opex dollars influenced $ 56m+
Other Marketing Support Funds = $ 80m+
Countries, BU(s), and/or Group Responsibility Single Country, 43% of Total Group Profit
COMMUNICATION COMPLEXITIES: Indicate the level, purpose and complexity of the communications inside and outside TCCC. (Examples: Across business unit, groups or global communications; Dissemination of information internally, externally or mixed; Negotiations with one party internally or multiple parties externally, etc.) Include any Company spokesperson responsibilities
Please list key contacts:
Internal/External Contacts Nature and Purpose of Communication
• Integrated Marketing Communications Team
• Knowledge & Insights and Strategic Planning team
• Public Affairs and Communications
• Customer and Commercial Leadership
• Group Marketing Team
• Global Marketing team
• Other BU’s / Groups marketing teams
• Bottler Management
• Business Unit Leadership Team
• Strategy team
• Third Parties: Suppliers/Activation and Promotion Agencies. • Development of brand vision & business plan
• Creation and execution of winning marketing programs.
• Extensive high level strategic/operational interaction to develop and align marketing and business strategies and plans to deliver sustainable system profit growth.
• Trademark protection and Company image projection.
ANALYSIS: Describe the types of problems this job must solve to perform successfully. Is the process well defined, or must this job develop new approaches to solve these problems?
• This role is vital to deliver on the long-range plan and requires high engagement and strong leadership skills to lead brand development in a locally relevant way with full alignment of all stakeholders. Often new approaches must be developed especially as we innovate with new ways of doing marketing, new brand dimensions and new communication models
• Understanding the changing consumer, market and competition dynamics and translating these insights to winning brand portfolio strategies and plans.
• Work requires the ability to analyse conceptual information, identification and resolution of complex strategic and operational problems requiring creativity to develop innovative solutions and work effectively in multi-functional teams.
• Value-chain continuously track and find ways of improving
• Making sure brand teams are updated with all global programs, relevant best practises, necessary network to improve synergy, productivity and best in class learning
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING: Describe the nature and impact of decisions required in this job. Distinguish between recommendations made to someone else and decisions where this job has final authority. Indicate involvement (if any) with ABP and OBP development and execution.
Required to do high level recommendations including alternatives to senior management which have already been fully vested and aligned with key partners such as Integrated Marketing Communications team and bottler operations. Leading annual business planning (ABP) process including OBPPC (occasion, brand, pricing, packaging and channel) development for all assigned brands.
INNOVATION: Indicate this job's responsibility for new processes, systems, or products.
• Expand product portfolio across pack/price segments to satisfy consumer demand.
• Ensure adequate system long and short term marketing capabilities to deliver destinations (people, systems, processes, knowledge and environment).
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: List the number, if any, and type (full-time, part-time, contract) of direct reports; indicate the extent of this job’s involvement in supervision including hiring, conducting performance reviews, and terminations as well as team leadership, coordination of work assignments and other indirect supervision. Please attach a copy of the current or proposed organization chart, unless the org chart on the system is representative.
People management accountability for 4-6 full-time resources (grades 9-12) and oversight of agency engagement and collaboration.
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
List the functional competencies and skills needed to successfully perform this job. Please do not describe the skills and qualifications of the incumbent, but rather the minimum skills and qualifications required to perform the job.,
Is this position a:
Leader of Self
Leader of Others x
Leader of Leaders
- Understanding & developing consumer insights
- Building brands and brand equity
- Brand and business health analysis
- Creating consumer marketing strategies and plans
- DNA model understanding (Integrated Marketing Communications, Revenue Growth Management)
- Managing innovation (pipeline management)
- Managing agencies
- Project management
- People management
• Imports and Exports Good Ideas
• Delivers Results
• Balances Immediate & Long-Term Priorities
• Drives Innovative Business Improvements
• Develops and Inspires Others
• Lives the Values
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS: List the number of years and type of previous work experience required. Please do not describe the experience of the incumbent, but rather the minimum experience required to perform the job.
• Minimum 10 years of experience.
• Brand management / project management / team management experience.
• Commercial knowledge with specific strength on OBBPC development.
• Experience in strategic planning and portfolio management.
• Experience in franchise role leading brand, team & bottler is absolutely necessary to be able to influence markets
K. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Indicate the minimum education level required to perform the job.
Education Required Level of Certificate
10 No Degree
11 High School
12 Intermediate Certificate / Associate Degree
13 University/Bachelors degree X
14 University/Advanced degree
15 Postgraduate/Masters degree X preferred
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Please list any additional preferred qualifications. (example:
Marketing degree / Masters in Business Administration preferred
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Indicate the annual percent of time that this job requires overnight travel or day trips. Please include the nature and geographic scope of travel requirements,/b>
How to Apply;
At Coca-Cola Ltd. (Canada) you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world]
How to Apply;
Thursday, 7 June 2012
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...