Job Title: Senior Programs Manager, Mozambique (1084)
Maputo, Mozambique - Samaritan’s Purse (SP) began operations in Mozambique in 2000, responding to floods in Gaza Province. Since then SP has expanded its work to seven districts in Gaza Province and six districts in Inhambane Province. SP implements its community-based programs through a team of over 200 full-time staff and 5,000 community volunteers.
SP’s primary areas of intervention are food and economic security, water and sanitation, health and nutrition, orphans and vulnerable children, and ministry. In addition, SP specializes in providing rapid and effective disaster relief.
The Senior Programs Manager is responsible for the overall leadership, direction, and oversight of programs in Mozambique. The Senior Programs Manager must ensure that all program designs and outputs align with Samaritan’s Purse’s strategy, donor standards, and local laws. Other essential duties may include assisting the Country Director (CD) in the management of: Operations, Security, Human Resources, Financial Reporting, or Community Relations.
Work with the CD to create and articulate a clear vision and strategy for SP in Mozambique.
Coordinate all projects in Mozambique in close communication with the CD.
Oversee all aspects of ongoing programs:
• Work directly with the program managers to address programmatic challenges
• Adjust implementation strategies as necessary for successful program outputs
• Ensure each program is contributing a significant impact through monitoring and evaluation
Produce timely and accurate program reports:
• Weekly and monthly program reports submitted to the Country Director
• Review quarterly and final reports for external donors
Develop new program concepts to address the needs in Mozambique:
• Coordinate assessments and gather information
• Prioritize high need areas and sectors
• Assist with new program proposals and budget writing
Ensure program operations are functional:
• Prioritize needs for resource sharing with SP assets
• Ensure accountable and efficient systems are in place
• Approve international purchase requests
• Audit procurement systems, pricing, and inventory on a monthly basis
Monitor financial risk, reporting, and program budgets:
• Work with the Finance Manager to produce funds requests and spending forecasts
• Approve funding requests and payments
• Review program activity reports to ensure proper expense allocation
• Conduct surprise cash counts
Facilitate good community relations by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with church leaders, Government officials, the UN, and non government organizations:
• Ensure that SP is accepted by the community
• Attend relevant meetings
• Coordinate with Government, NGO’s and UN agencies to avoid overlap and identify programming gaps
With a generous and serving spirit perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse.
Maintain a Christian witness to the communities.
• As directed by the Country Director, manages employees in various areas. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of staff in these areas. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities will include training, planning, assigning, and directing work of national staff; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Bachelor’s degree; or 3 to 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred
• Previous experience working overseas, particularly in Africa or Mozambique.
• Field level management experience.
• Project development experience.
• Possesses strong organizational skills, networking skills and cross-cultural communication skills.
• Experienced in cross-cultural team leadership.
• Experienced in managing multiple programs and large diverse teams.
• Must be a humble team player.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
• Willingness to make frequent travel in and out of the field and willingness to stay in the field for extended periods.
• Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle in rough road and extremely muddy conditions.
• Portuguese language skills required
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
How to Apply;
Thursday, 21 June 2012
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...