Job Title: Response Manager Application Deadline Date: 08 Jul 2012
Position Location: Juba Position Start Date: 01 Aug 2012
Region: Africa\East Africa Position End Date: 31 Oct 2012
Requisition Category: International Recruitment Priority: Need Immediately
Country Name: Sudan Program/Office Name: WV South Sudan
City/Province: Juba Employee Type: Contract
Job Grade Level: 13 Recruitment Status: Advertising in Progress
Is this a family post? Non-family - Staff only
Requisition Num: 2012AFEFDRI-8R6R5P
Response Manager provides strategic leadership and day-to-day management to the field operations in the assigned Region to ensure that they are effective and meet the designated goals and objectives of World Vision, the donors and the target population. Lead the assigned Regional Programme Team in the development, implementation, oversight and evaluation of all programming, with emphasis on strategic development, resource acquisition and quality control, as well as staff development.
· Act as a Leader for the Regional Programme Team
· Provide administrative management for the implementation of all WV Programs in the assigned Region in accordance with the overall WV Southern Sudan country strategy, policies, procedures and objectives.
· Ensure that all programmes are closely integrated and that all programmes receive adequate planning, monitoring and are evaluated and LEAP compliant
· Participate in the assessment of community needs and resources in the assigned Region.
· Where necessary and in conjunction with the Regional Program Officer, prepare project proposals and budgets, seeking to diversify funding and other resources.
· Assist in the development of strategies for long-term or additional interventions in the assigned Region.
· Maintain familiarity with the requirements and compliance procedures of current and new programme donors.
· Work closely with the Operations Director and Technical Program Director in ensuring the smooth functioning of the assigned Regional programme
· Oversee all aspects of day-to-day the assigned Regional Programme implementation, ensuring the achievement of the programme operational goals
· With the assistance of Regional Program Officer ensure that all donor and Support Office reporting requirements are met
· With the assistance of Regional Program Officer manage and evaluate operations budgets, project funding, expenditures and accomplishment of ministry objectives
· Support and supervise the work of County Teams and all operations staff in the assigned Region.
· Monitor the progress of projects with Regional Programme Officer, including frequent visits to sub-offices, projects and communities in the assigned Region.
· Develop partnership relationships with local organisations and communities to assess the effectiveness of current projects and to identify possibilities for new projects and funding in the assigned Region.
· Prepare training materials and conduct training of field office and WV staff in project design, implementation and management and in reporting systems/procedures
· Work with the Regional Programme Team to develop annual / quarterly / monthly operating plans and participate in the formulation of management plans and the country strategy for the WV Southern Sudan
· Prepare financial status and project progress reports, and other information as required for the donors, the Program Director, Support Offices, and Partnership Office
· Co-ordinate on-going monitoring and the evaluation of all project activities in the assigned Region with Regional Programme Officer.
· Contribute to the development of a national strategy for the Operations/ Supply-chain Division, which will be guided by sound relief/ transitional development principles
· Ensure that proper accounting systems and practices are in place in the assigned Region so as to facilitate the approval of funding for projects
· Assess the effectiveness of current projects and identify possibilities for new projects in the assigned Region
· Provide information and participate in the recruitment, selection and development of staff for the assigned Region
· Provide mentoring and counselling (psychological support) for staff in the assigned Region with Regional HR & Admin Officer
· Any other appropriate tasks required for the support of WV Southern Sudan programme
· Act as WVSS official representative in the assigned Region
· Engage in networking with the Government Authorities, SSRRC, donors, NGOs and UN agencies
· Maintain regular contact with other international and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and government officials working to serve as a network for obtaining and co-ordinating information regarding current and future work in the assigned Region
· Along with the County Team leaders maintain good working relationships with local authorities and community leaders, without compromising the independence of WVSS and its non-governmental role.
· Manage public relations for the assigned Regional Office, including arranging schedules for visitors and media groups, transport, lodging, arranging of appointments and orientation to projects
· When appropriate, keep the Communications Officer in Juba informed of media opportunities and coordinate
· Work with the Program Director in Juba to deliver appropriate communication services to the programme and to ensure adherence to WV Communications standards
· Work with the Finance Director in Juba to support the assigned Regional Grant/ Finance Officer to deliver appropriate financial services to the field team and to ensure accountability according to WV Finance standards
· Work with the HR & Admin Director in Juba to support the assigned Regional HR & Admin Officer to deliver appropriate HR services to the Regional Programme team and to ensure the application of policies and procedures that follow WV standards using a participative and achievement oriented management style.
· Maintain team spirit and ensure welfare of WV staff in the assigned Region.
· Consult, listen and use suggestions from team members in decision making.
· Set goals for Regional Programme staff and show confidence that they can achieve these goals.
· Create a supportive work environment
· Be an example of self-managing stress
· Acknowledge and appreciate efforts others put in the work
· Consider technical/professional inputs from team
Supply Chain and Logistics
· Support the Regional Supply-Chain/ Logistic Officer to deliver appropriate services to the field team and to ensure accountability according to WV procurement and financial control standards.
· Work with the IT Manager in Juba to facilitate appropriate IT services to the Regional Programme team and to ensure the application of policies and procedures that follow WV standards
· Ensure WV staff comply with security protocols and work in as secure environment
· Work with the Operation Director in the assigned Region to facilitate appropriate security advice and communication services to the Regional Programme team and to ensure adherence to WV security standards
· Experience with World Vision or a similar large NGOs’ policies and procedures
· Experience in management and knowledge of basic accounting methods and procedures
· Strong and proven people management skills
· Ability to train and supervise a multi-cultural staff team
· Good cross-cultural communication skills
· An openness to learning about and understanding the culture, political, and social and economic situation of the country
· Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
· Good public relations and public speaking skill
· A committed Christian who is willing to accept WV’s Christian ethos as reflected in the core values.
· Requires a willingness to spend at least 33% of his/her time in the field visiting projects sometimes under difficult living conditions.
· Ability to work and travel extensively in Southern Sudan and elsewhere to attend various senior management meetings internationally and within the WV Partnership
· Experience in the management of relief and development work
At least 7 years field experience in a developing country
· Master’s Degree qualification in sociology
How to Apply;
Thursday, 28 June 2012
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...