Job Title: Regional Program Development Officer, West Africa (959)
Monrovia, Liberia - The Regional Program Development Officer, West Africa (RPDO) will work throughout West Africa as a part of the International Program Development Unit. The RPDO will focus on supporting and coordinating Samaritan’s Purse (SP) Field Offices as it relates the pursuit and development of programs and grant proposals in Africa. The incumbent will provide consultation in processes related to program and grant proposals to include writing, editing and the compilation of lessons learned. This position may be up to 40% travel.
• Develop programming and proposals for SP Africa field offices using current SP program models and best practices. On occasion the RPDO will be asked to assist in the initial program implementation of proposals they write
• Build capacity of SP Africa field offices in general program development skills, behavior change communication, and qualitative evaluation skills
• Build relationships on behalf of SP Africa field offices with bilateral donors, International Non-governmental Organizations, and other agencies
• Align with the various SP Country Directors regarding the rules and regulations of the field office and ensure that they are aware of all meetings, progress and ideas being formulated
• Ensure that all proposals follow timetables that allow for the input/review by the technical advisors and the finance department and involve the Technical Advisory Unit in the concept development process of grant submissions
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public
• Master’s degree in international development or related field and/or 3-5 years of program/proposal development experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith, and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
• Technical writing skills including developing proposals, training/instruction manuals, and reports.
• Knowledge of skills such as monitoring and evaluation; utilizing information, education, and communication; and program implementation/management.
• Field experience in relief and program development, program implementation and proposal development.
• Prior cross-cultural experience.
• Working knowledge of the grant submission processes of major donors such as the UN, CIDA, DFID and USAID etc.
• Desire to help lead people to knowledge of Jesus Christ that transforms desperate situations.
• Fluency in spoken and written French is a plus
12-24 month contract with potential for renewal.
How to Apply;
Thursday, 21 June 2012
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...