Job Title:National Professional officer - GAVI/HSS, Multiple Duty Stations
Closing Date: Thursday, 28 June 2012
NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL OFFICER - GAVI/HSS (POSITION NUMBERS: 342342; 342344; 342345) (EMRO/12/FT196)
8 June 2012
The mission of WHO is the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health.
Vacancy Notice No: EMRO/12/FT196
Title: National Professional officer - GAVI/HSS (Position numbers: 342342; 342344; 342345)
Contract type: Fixed-Term Appointment
Date: 31 May 2012
Application Deadline: 28 June 2012
Duty Station: Multiple duty stations
Organization unit: EMCO Countries (EM_ACO), EM_SOM WHO Representative's Office, Somalia (EM_SOM)
Health Management Support (HMS) / Division of Health Systems & Services Development (DHS) - Multiple duty stations: Garowe; Mogadishu; Hargesisa
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
The objective of WHO Somalia programme is to reduce mortality and morbidity through increasing access to quality health care services. The main focus of the programme will be on strengthening the health system in Somalia, and supporting the health sector recovery and transition.
Description of duties:
Purpose of the Post:
To support the country office in strengthening Health Systems Programmes.
As part of the WHO/UNICEF Global Alliance for Vaccination Initiative / Global Fund / Health System Strengthening (GAVI/GF/HSS) programme and under the technical guidance of the Country Programme Advisor and the overall supervision of the WHO Representative for Somalia, the incumbent is responsible for planning, monitoring and supervising the implementation of the activities related to HSS under GAVI and GF HSS projects, together with the health authorities and all partner agencies operations in Somalia (including UN agencies, international and national NGOs, counterparts, etc).
Summary of Assigned Duties:
Under the guidance of the Country Programme Advisor and direct supervision of WR Somalia, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Assist in the planning and implementation of the activities related to HSS funded by GAVI in his/her operational area;
2. Monitor and supervise all HSS-related activities;
3. Provide sound advice to health authorities / Planning Department and HSS Coordinator in relation to policy and procedures relating to his/her operational area;
4. Support in developing and implementing processes for assessing health systems needs and identifying, evaluating and disseminating best practice models of health systems policy development;
5. Provide regular progress reports about implementation and achieved targets;
6. Coordinate closely with health authorities and other stakeholders for effective implementation of planned activities;
7. Coordinate the implementation of all the training activities with health authorities and other stakeholders;
8. Act as WHO HSS Zonal Focal Point for all Global Health Initiatives (GHI);
9. Provide guidance concerning the emergency preparedness strategy in the and the production of contingency and response plans, district health profiles, and relevant information for advocacy purposes.
University degree in Medicine or a degree in Public Health.
1. Knowing and managing yourself ;
2. Fostering integration and teamwork;
3. Creating an empowering and motivating environment;
4. Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
Skills in training health workers on health systems topics.
Skills in planning, monitoring and evaluating health systems.
Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage work activities according to needs.
Sound knowledge of health systems and health policy frameworks, and an understanding of current health sector policy development and strategic planning.
Essential: At least 2 years of experience at the national level in the field of health systems and/or health policy development.
Desirable: Work experience in UN agencies or international institutions.
Excellent knowledge of English and the local language.
POST IS OPEN FOR LOCAL RECRUITMENT ONLY. APPLICANTS MUST BE NATIONALS OF THE COUNTRY OF ASSIGNMENT.
Applicants are kindly requested to pay attention to the screening questions as they will be used to screen out unqualified candidates.
Only qualified applicants with the relevant experience will be considered.
A written test/presentation and interviews will be used as a form of screening. The written test might be used as an eliminatory tool.
Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice (this could be the base for rosters).
Interviews will include competency-based questions.
(Net of tax)
17100.00 USD at single rate
A written test and interviews may be used as a form of screening
Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable WHO to store your profile in a permanent database. Please visit WHO's e-Recruitment website at: www.who.int/employment . The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
Monday, 18 June 2012
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...