Tuesday, 19 June 2012
Job Title: Coordinator, Contribution Agreement
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Duration: One year renewable subject to performance appraisal
and availability of funds
Duty Station: Djibouti
Under the general guidance of the Director Administration and Finance the CA Coordinator will
be responsible for enhancing and maintaining proper systems pertaining to all the operations of
Core Duties & Responsibilities
During 2010 and 2011 the IGAD Secretariat has implemented an Institutional Strengthening and
Capacity Building Programme (IS&CB) programme, under 9th EDF aimed at updating the internal
management to the level of EU Four pillars criteria. The programme has resulted in the drafting
of a set of new policies, regulations and processes on Accounting; Internal Audit and Internal
Controls; Procurement; and Human Resources. The Secretariat has also prepared a roadmap
towards the full and sustainable application of the Contribution Agreement (CA) status and
would like to engage a CA coordinator to perform the following tasks:
1. Assessment of IGAD Secretariat’s preparedness regarding the 4 Pillars criteria
2. Development of strategy for IGAD management buy-in of CA roadmap and adoption of
new manuals and other management reforms. Adoption of the key policies on
Governance by the IGAD policy organs including establishment of an Audit Committee
and Audit Charter implementation and reviews
3. Ensuring anchorage of the new policies on Accounting; Internal Audit and Internal
Controls; Procurement; and Human Resources in the revised Agreement Establishing
4. Sensitisation of all IGAD staff about the new policy instruments and enforcing
compliance within the organisation
5. Initiating required processes for EU mock as well as full audit for CA Compliance
6. Implementation of new manuals, system redesign to comply with regulations and
policies on Accounting including International Public Sector Accounting Standards
(IPSAS); Internal Audit and Internal Controls; Procurement; and Human Resources
7. Ensuring IGAD Secretariat’s attainment of full CA Compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS OF COORDINATOR
• At least a Masters Degree in Accountancy, Financial Management, Procurement,
Human Resources Management or Business Administration from a recognised
university. 3-4 years working experience for a similar program and familiarity with
EU procedures is a must
WORK EXPERINCE, KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• At least 5 years’ working experience in a senior management position (Finance, Procurement
or Human Resources) in a Regional Organization or similar Organization;
• Excellent computer skills;
• Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English; and
• Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
• Team builder
DELIVERABLES AND EXPECTED OUTPUTS
• Inception report and activity plan for the Implementation process within 2 weeks of
commencement of duty
• IGAD Secretariat’s readiness (Management Commitment to the drawn up annual
implementation program) to implement EU Contribution Agreement (CA) assessed and
remedial measures for implementation of CA identified; (Management Retreat to come
out with a commitment plan of implementation and assigning responsibilities and new
measures like quarterly management meetings and review of the implementation process)
• Adoption and actual physical implementation of new policies and manuals on Accounting
including International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS); Internal Audit and
Internal Controls; Procurement; and Human Resources and anchored in the revised
Agreement stabling IGAD;
• All IGAD staff sensitized on the new policies within 2-3 months of adoption through
workshops and sit in discussions;
• Invitation of EU Auditors and ensuring Full Audit of IGAD Secretariat’s CA compliance
after 8-12 months’ of physical implementation;
• Final evaluation of the outcome of the EU audit and discussion of the results with
management and assigning the future action plan for any gaps identified in Compliance
• Attainment of the CA status from EU
The position will be based at the IGAD Secretariat in Djibouti with occasional travels within and outside
Terms and conditions of Service
This position is EU funded and is a non established position whose contract terms are limited to the
period of support; it may be renewed subject to performance and extension of the funding. The post offers
attractive consolidated remuneration package.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of both
academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three reputable referees,
contact details (e-mail, telephone) should be sent by registered mail, courier service or by email in MS
The Executive Secretary,
Intergovernmental Authority on Development,
P. O. Box 2653, Djibouti, Djibouti
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; copies to RISP II Coordinator and Director, Finance and Administration:
Yufnalis.email@example.com and Florence.firstname.lastname@example.org;
All applications should be received not later than 20th July 2012.
IGAD is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
IGAD Secretariat shall only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title:Field Accountant, DR Congo Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo - The Field Accountant is responsible for administrative field...
Job Title:Construction Manager Location: Monrovia, Liberia FLSA: Exempt Core Sector: Infrastructure Experience Level: Regular Full-time ...