Job Title:INFORMATION SYSTEM ANALYST P2 (1 Post)
Purpose of the job: Design, establish and ensure smooth operation of ICT networks for effective communication and programme delivery.
a) Coordinate and manage all Programme IT work.
b) Collect, collate, organize all Climate Change Information and knowledge resources into a user-friendly repository.
c) Create, manage COMESA Climate Change website.
d) Create and manage a data base on sources of information, knowledge, technology etc.
e) Create and manage on-line directory of users, contacts etc.
f) Knowledge dissemination through electronic publications, networks, discussion forums, on-line help desk.
g) Establish an on-line programme diary and bulletin board system.
h) Perform other duties as assigned by the Programme Manager.
A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline. A Masters degree in a relevant discipline will be a distinct advantage.
At least five years hands on experience in Information Technology operations.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT FOR THE ABOVE POSTS:
1. Type of contract: The posts are under COMESA non established professional staff contracts.
2. Languages: Candidates should be fluent in Arabic, English or French. Working knowledge of the other would be an advantage.
3. Location of performance of the Contract: The duty Station will be at the COMESA Secretariat headquarters in Lusaka, Zambia. The successful applicants will also be required to undertake significant duty travel to all COMESA countries and any others identified in the line of duty.
4. Remuneration: Remuneration will be in accordance with the COMESA conditions of service for non established professional Staff and will be calculated on the basis of background and professional experience.
5. Duration of Appointment: contracts for successful candidates will run from the date they take up the appointments up to 2015, subject to availability of funds and performance.
6. Eligibility for Application: Only Nationals of COMESA countries are eligible to apply.
7. Final date for receipt of applications: 11th May, 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
8. Equal Opportunity: COMESA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualifying female candidates are encouraged to apply.
9. Address: Applications should be submitted by email or post to:
Director of Administration
Ben Bella Road
P.O. Box 30051
Thursday, 12 April 2012
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title:Construction Manager Location: Monrovia, Liberia FLSA: Exempt Core Sector: Infrastructure Experience Level: Regular Full-time ...
Job Title: Public Health Specialist (Biomedical Prevention) ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESI...