Job Title:Chief Operating Officers (COO), Africa
Location: Multiple Locations
Job Code: 611
# of openings: 1
FINCA International, one of the world's leading microfinance institutions, provides financial services to more than 800,000 clients through 21 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Greater Middle East. FINCA International is looking for Chief Operating Officers (COO) for Africa, based in our countries of operations. The COO is responsible for directing and daily management of a FINCA affiliate’s complete cycle of crediting activities and related operations, including staffing, products, and procedures. S/he will ensure that the FINCA affiliate will offer maximally competitive credit products that support outreach maximization under the condition of profitability; that these products are implemented in a most efficient, client-friendly, safe, and professional manner; and that the FINCA affiliate has credit staff (loan officers, credit management staff, credit back office staff and other) in adequate numbers and with excellent skills. The final objective of the COO’s activities is to maximize FINCA affiliate’s outreach to the target group in a sustainable and profitable way. As a member of the Management Team, s/he shares responsibility for the overall performance and activities of the FINCA affiliate, and participates in making decisions on material issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration required, Master’s degree desirable or equivalent work experience,
- 4-year experience minimum in banking or microfinance as a director of operations or as branch manager of a significant branch, previous extensive experience of the management of a microfinance portfolio an asset,
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic/operational plans for financial institutions,
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills,
- High level of customer service and strong willingness to work in the field,
- Strong business management and negotiation skills,
- Experience managing and motivating a large staff,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and training skills,
- Excellent technical report writing skills and computer literacy,
- Fluency in English required,
- Availability domestic travel (up to 30%), and international travel (10%).
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sunday, 18 March 2012
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...