Job Title:Administrative Management Assistant – FSN-09; FP-05
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 11-2012
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Administrative Management Assistant – FSN-09; FP-05
This may alternatively be filled at the trainee level, which is equivalent to FSN-08; FP-06
OPENING DATE: March 5, 2012
CLOSING DATE: March 19, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: *Not-Ordinarily Resident: FP-05 or FP-06 (Starting salary to be determined by Washington)
NOTE: For ordinarily resident employees, salary will be paid in local currency using the established exchange rate.
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission Addis Ababa is seeking an individual for the position of Administrative Management Assistant at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Incumbent assists the Associate Director for Operations in managing the administrative support function of the CDC Mission. Plan and execute the administrative management functions of CDC/Ethiopia. This position serves as Administrative Manager for CDC-Ethiopia Office with responsibility for managing and coordinating administrative activities such as human resource management, budgeting of indirect cost for office operations, staff travel, transportation service, office reception and communication, property/supply management, and also responsible for liaisoning office security matters. This includes interpreting administrative and property management policies, developing and implementing local policies, defining administrative requirements, and/or providing advice to top management on related issues. Direct and perform administrative and clerical duties in support of project activities. Serves as lead logistics coordinator for office support, project related and/or project sponsored meetings, conferences, and trainings. Supervise overall administrative and clerical support staff.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact (251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383)
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Supporting documentations (e.g., letters of employment, certificates, driver’s license, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above should also be submitted.
1. Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or host country equivalent in management, business administration, public administration, social administration, healthcare management, logistics management, or financial management is required.
2. Required Prior Experience: Five years progressively responsible experience two of which must be in a supervisory role is required.
Trainee Level Experience: Four years progressively responsible experience one of which must be in a supervisory role is required.
3. Language Requirement: Level 3(Good Working knowledge) Speaking/Reading English and Amharic is required.
4. Other Skills: Must be able to operate office machines such as telephone systems, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Competence in using Microsoft Office to prepare correspondence and reports, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Internet and e-mail systems. Must demonstrate cooperative working relationships with subordinates, staff and other project-associated persons and agencies. Must be able to assess problems and develop realistic solutions.
5. Interpersonal skill Requirement: Must demonstrate cooperative working relationships with subordinates, staff and other project-associated persons and agencies. Must be able to assess problems and develop realistic solutions.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFM) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a FMA appointment are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
4. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); and
2. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE; plus DS -174
4. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., letters of employment; essays, certificates, awards; driving license; and copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
3A. If an applicant is submitting a resume or curriculum vitae, s/he must provide the following information equal to what is found on the UAE.
Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
A. Position Title
B. Position Grade
C. Vacancy Announcement Number (if known)
D. Dates Available for Work
E. First, Middle, & Last Names as well as any other names used
F. Date and Place of Birth
G. U.S. Citizenship Status (Yes or No) & status of permanent U.S. Resident (Yes or No; if yes, provide number)
H. U.S. Social Security Number and/or Identification Number
I. Eligibility to work in the country (Yes or No)
J. Special Accommodations the Mission needs to provide
K. If applying for position that includes driving a U.S. Government vehicle, Driver’s License Class / Type
L. Days available to work
M. List any relatives or members of your household that work for the U.S. Government (include their Name, Relationship, & Agency, Position, Location)
N. U.S. Eligible Family Member and Veterans Hiring Preference
P. License, Skills, Training, Membership, & Recognition
Q. Language Skills
R. Work Experience
1. Eligible Family Member (EFM) - An individual related to a US Government employee in one of the following ways:
• Spouse or same-sex domestic partner (as defined in 3 FAM 1610);
• Child, who is unmarried and under 21 years of age or, regardless of age, is incapable of self-support. The term shall include, in addition to natural offspring, stepchildren and adopted children and those under legal guardianship of the employee or the spouse when such children are expected to be under such legal guardianship until they reach 21 years of age and when dependent upon and normally residing with the guardian;
• Parent (including stepparents and legally adoptive parents) of the employee or of the spouse, when such parent is at least 51 percent dependent on the employee for support;
• Sister or brother (including stepsisters and stepbrothers, or adoptive sisters or brothers) of the employee, or of the spouse, when such sibling is at least 51 percent dependent on the employee for support, unmarried, and under 21 years of age, or regardless of age, incapable of self-support.
2. US Citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM)- For purposes of receiving a preference in hiring for a qualified position, an EFM who meets the following criteria:
• US Citizen; and,
• EFM (see above) at least 18 years old; and,
• Listed on the travel orders of a direct-hire Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service member assigned to or stationed abroad with a USG agency that is under COM authority, or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan; and either:
1. Resides at the sponsoring employee's or uniformed service member's post of assignment abroad or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan; or
2. Resides at an Involuntary Separate Maintenance Allowance (ISMA) location authorized under 3 FAM 3232.2.
3. Appointment Eligible Family Member (AEFM) - EFM (see above) eligible for a Family Member Appointment for purposes of Mission employment:
• Is a U.S. citizen; and
• Spouse or same-sex domestic partner (as defined in 3 FAM 1610) or a child of the sponsoring employee who is unmarried and at least 18 years old; and
• Is listed on the travel orders or approved Form OF-126, Foreign Service Residence and Dependency Report, of a sponsoring employee, i.e., a direct-hire Foreign Service, Civil Service, or uniformed service member who is permanently assigned to or stationed abroad at a U.S. mission, or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan (AIT), and who is under chief of mission authority; and
• Is residing at the sponsoring employee's post of assignment abroad or, as appropriate, office of the American Institute in Taiwan.
• Does not receive a Foreign Service or Civil Service annuity
4. Member of Household (MOH) - An individual who accompanies a direct-hire Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service member permanently assigned or stationed at a U.S. Foreign Service post or establishment abroad, or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan. An MOH is:
• Not an EFM; and,
• Not on the travel orders of the sponsoring employee; and,
• Has been officially declared by the sponsoring USG employee to the COM as part of his/her household.
A MOH is under COM authority and may include a parent, unmarried partner, other relative or adult child who falls outside the Department’s current legal and statutory definition of family member. A MOH does not have to be a US Citizen.
5. Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR) – An individual who:
• Is not a citizen of the host country; and,
• Does not ordinarily reside (OR, see below) in the host country; and,
• Is not subject to host country employment and tax laws; and,
• Has a US Social Security Number (SSN).
NOR employees are compensated under a GS or FS salary schedule, not under the LCP.
6. Ordinarily Resident (OR) – A Foreign National or US citizen who:
• Is locally resident; and,
• Has legal, permanent resident status within the host country; and,
• Is subject to host country employment and tax laws.
EFMs without US Social Security Numbers are also OR. All OR employees, including US citizens, are compensated in accordance with the Local Compensation Plan (LCP).
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: March 19, 2012
The US Mission in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box: 1014
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
POINT OF CONTACT
Human Resources Office
Telephone: 251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383
Tuesday, 6 March 2012
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: Public Health Specialist (Biomedical Prevention) ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESI...
Job Title:Construction Manager Location: Monrovia, Liberia FLSA: Exempt Core Sector: Infrastructure Experience Level: Regular Full-time ...