Job Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE -NATIONALS ONLY
Location : HARARE, ZIMBABWE
Application Deadline : 06-Jan-12
Type of Contract : FTA Local
Post Level : GS-6
Languages Required :
Duration of Initial Contract : 1 Year
Refer a Friend Apply Now
The UN Women (UNW), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, the UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
The Administrative Associate reports to the UN Women Representative for guidance and is responsible performing a variety of procurement and administrative tasks and services in the Country Office ensuring timeliness, accuracy and compliance with UNW rules, regulations, processes and procedures and promotes a client, quality and results oriented approach.
The Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the Finance Associate in the location as well as with operations, program and other teams in the office and SRO to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Administrative support services and support to supply and asset management
* Arrange travel and prepare travel authorization and all related requirements (visas, required clearances, immunization requirements)
* Arrange purchase of and ensure timely and appropriate distribution office equipment and supplies. Oversee sufficient inventory. Keep adequate records in Atlas to ensure proper asset management
* Preparation of inventory reports. Implementation of inventory and physical verification check-up in the office and projects.
* Liaise with UNDP and other partners in the country to ensure utilization of LTAs and vendor agreements, including the use of courier services to ensure cost effective arrangements.
Provide inputs to the administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
* Execute all necessary arrangements to ensure efficient office space allocation and all related services.
* Arrange and oversee building maintenance, movement and repair of furniture and other assets.
* Coordinate and/or manage all administrative services for events and workshops including arranging venue, travel and hotel reservations. Process visa, identity cards and other documents.
Support to the administration of budgets
* Collect, verify and organize information required for formulation of project work plans and budgets.
* Coordinate and follow up the collection and submission of the budget proposals and financial reports of the implementing partners.
* Provide inputs for the preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas and follow up on issues related to cost recovery system to ensure all necessary actions are complied with or completed.
* Creation of projects in Atlas, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of a project.
* Presentation of information for audit of projects.
Support to the administration of procurement services:
* Reviews procurement request and initiate procurement procedures, administer receipt of quotations, bids or proposals ensuring accuracy of information/data and compliance with UNW regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
* Prepare purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas and ensure timely dispatched of purchase orders.
* Create and maintain vendor profiles in Atlas.
* Perform buyer role in Atlas for goods and services.
* Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
* Process payment of contracts and agreements with the required support documentation and certifications.
* Provision of information for preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas as required.
* Screen and appropriately route telephone calls within the office. Receive and direct visitors to the office to the appropriate persons.
* Receive and route incoming mail. Arrange courier services.
* Maintain log of incoming and outgoing mail file as appropriate.
Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
* Participation in the organization of training for the office staff on program and operations related issues.
* Contribute to the collection and sharing of best practices in program and financial services and administration to support training of administrative staff.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Maintaining information and databases
* Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Basic research and analysis
* Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Documents innovative strategies and new approaches.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
* Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
* Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
* Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning.
* Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
* Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Data gathering and implementation of management systems
* Uses information/databases/other management systems
* Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
* Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management system
Maintains effective client relationships
* Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
* Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
* Establish, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
* Responds to client needs promptly
Promotes Accountability and Results-Based Management
Gathers and disseminates information
* Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
Prepares timely inputs to reports
* Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
* Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
* Self-development, initiative-taking
* Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
* Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
* Managing conflict
* Creating synergies through self-control
* Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
* Informed and transparent decision makingUNDP Procurement Certification programme
Required Skills and Experience
* Secondary education. Certification in administration and/or procurement desirable. University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
* Minimum of 6 years of experience in administration is required, in a large corporation or organization is required.
* Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
How to Apply:
Deadline: 6th January 2012
Monday, 2 January 2012
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title:Construction Manager Location: Monrovia, Liberia FLSA: Exempt Core Sector: Infrastructure Experience Level: Regular Full-time ...
Job Title: Public Health Specialist (Biomedical Prevention) ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESI...