Job title: Representative, Khartoum, Sudan
Closing Date: Monday, 05 December 2011
House No. 74, Street No. 47
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world's leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Representative, Sudan.
* Be responsible for overall development, formulation, conception and management of UNICEF Country Programme of Cooperation (Medium to large size CO), approved by the Executive Board.
* Represent the Executive Director in all aspects of UNICEF's co-operation with the Government/Country Office. Collaborate as part of the UNCT in this regard.
* Be accountable for the formulation and management of the UNICEF Country Programme of Co-operation, as approved by the Executive Board.
* Be accountable for UNICEF's advocacy with the government and other partners for the enhancement of the survival, protection, development and participation of children and women in national development efforts.
* Be responsible for all aspects of office management of the UNICEF country office.
* Support implementation of the UNICEF supported emergency programme, ensuring that the Situation Analysis and EPRP are regularly updated.
* Participate in organizational and institutional initiatives to strengthen UN Coherence. Ensure that joint programming (including joint programmes) and common services are achieved to the extent possible.
* Provide policy support, guidance and advocacy on the development and establishment of common services arrangements agreed to by participating organizations/agencies at the country level. To ensure that these joint operational arrangements, assist UNICEF in its objective to provide efficient and economical support services to the implementation of the country programme.
* Provide policy support, guidance and advocacy as required in emergency situation s and other humanitarian programme implementation. Collaborate as part of the UNCT in this regard.
* Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration , Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
* Fifteen years of relevant professional work experience. Experience in large programme/ projects management; building strategic alliances and partnerships, and resource mobilization .
* International and developing country work experience and field work experience.
* Background/familiarity with Emergency programme implementation.
* Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming in UNICEF.
* Integration and synthesis of various programme activities in accordance with professional practices and UNICEF programme policy, procedures and guidelines.
* Expert knowledge of advanced concepts in primary discipline, with a broad knowledge of related disciplines, in-depth knowledge of relevant organizational policies and procedures.
* Building strategic alliances and partnerships/Resource mobilization: leverages the larger resources of national governments and other development partners.
* Fluency in English and another UN language.
* Previous experience as a Representative in large country office, preferably in an integrated mission environment with a strong policy and advocacy record with the host government, member states, and the UN system.
* Strong experience leading a complex emergency operation.
* Very strong management and people skills. Capacity to manage/strategize and build capacity of UNICEF staff, with sound professional knowledge of UNICEF issues/priorities and excellent team building skills.
* Political savvy and ability to work well in a highly complex political context, with knowledge of international and regional political and military interaction.
* Very strong understanding of programme development, emergency and particularly security issues.
* Willingness to work in a highly dangerous environment with a focus on significant programme delivery and leveraging while ensuring the safety and security of national and international staff.
* Strong background and knowledge of risk assessment for both security and operational risks, as well as emergency preparedness.
* Capacity to ensure visibility for children, with focus on gender issues, with excellent communication/representation skills.
* Capacity to work in a team and in close relationship with the UNCT and the evolving Integrated UN Mission.
How to Apply:
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, send an updated CV and a duly completed United Nations Personal History form, as well as the two most recent Evaluations to email@example.com by 5 December 2011. Regret Letters will only be sent to short listed candidates.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Closing Date: Monday, 05 December 2011
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title: Surveillance Detection Guard Coordinator VACANCY No: 34-2011 OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates Within and Outside of the Missio...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...