Job Title: Chief of Party, Kampala
Closing Date: Friday, 30 December 2011
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,800 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
We are currently seeking a Chief of Party for an upcoming Governance Project in Uganda. This person will provide leadership in the design, management, implementation and overall quality assurance of the project. In this role, a successful candidate will be RTI's primary point of contact with the project funder and national government counterpart agencies, collaborating extensively and meaningfully with government counterparts at the national and district levels of government and providing high-level support for effective local capacity building.
* Provides strategic leadership and technical and managerial direction for the successful implementation of the project.
* Responsible for the overall performance and results of the project, including management and oversight of the program's technical, operational, and administrative staff.
* Interfaces regularly with USAID on management and decision-making. Ensures that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations and that project results are proactively disseminated.
* Lead technical team in local governance; community participation and analogous activities.
* Lead planning, monitoring/evaluation, and reporting initiatives.
* Ensures the timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
* Minimum of a Bachelors degree, Masters degree preferred, in public administration, policy, finance, planning or governance or an advanced degree in a related field.
* Fifteen years of overall experience with at least ten years of relevant field experience in public administration, decentralization reform, service delivery in key sectors (such as education, health, water, agriculture), parliamentary strengthening, civil society strengthening, or community mobilization.
* Demonstrated success managing and leading technical and administrative teams for USAID funded projects.
* Knowledge and experience in governance and development in sub-Saharan Africa, and in Uganda specifically, is strongly desired.
* Prior experience managing geographically dispersed teams is preferred.
* Fluency in English required.
* Knowledge of local languages preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Specific information regarding the laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be located at the employment portal www.rti.org/jobs
How to apply:
Please email cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday, 30 December 2011
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title:Construction Manager Location: Monrovia, Liberia FLSA: Exempt Core Sector: Infrastructure Experience Level: Regular Full-time ...
Job Title: Public Health Specialist (Biomedical Prevention) ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESI...