Job title: Deputy Chief of Party (Deputy Project Director)
Req ID: 2213
Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Deputy Project Director Uganda - Conflict Mitigation
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions.
FHI 360’s Center for Civil Society and Governance (CCSG) supports citizens to mobilize effectively to influence policy, improve lives, and build peace. CCSG works with civil society to increase its credibility, visibility and effectiveness by building its capacity to:
· Advocate for social justice, economic reforms, fiscal transparency, gender equity and the prevention of human rights abuses such as human trafficking and violence against women;
· Promote peaceful solutions to conflict, support peace negotiations, produce radio and television programs to promote social dialogue and tolerance;
· Solve community problems, engage youth in civic affairs and provide needed services to citizens;
· Develop diversified revenue streams and cooperate with business and media sectors; and
· Increase local governments' responsiveness to citizens.
FHI 360’s Center for Civil Society and Governance is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) or Deputy Project Director for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Uganda to promote regional stability by addressing the causes and consequences of violent conflict. The project will integrate a core set of activities in three components: 1) Peace-building and reconciliation; 2) Economic security and social inclusion; and 3) Access to justice.
The DCOP will assist the COP with all responsibilities and coordinate all activities and assist with the development of the vision, strategy, and technical direction of the entire project. S/he will be responsible for the oversight of financial management, project accounting systems, and grants management. The DCOP’s responsibilities will also include the implementation of the strategy agreed with USAID and its monitoring, including: management of deadlines; drafting of all reports required by the contract; maintenance of records; monitoring achievement of benchmarks in the contract. The DCOP will assist the Chief of Party in creating and maintaining good working relationships with USAID, government counterparts, local organizations, and program partners.
· Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, political science, conflict resolution, international development, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred;
· Proven record of excellent management, leadership, and decision-making skills;
· At least 8 years of senior level experience designing, managing, and implementing large, complex development projects preferably in post-conflict settings;
· At least 5 years senior level experience in rule of law, conflict management/mitigation, civil society, governance, economic security, or other related DG sectors;
· Experience living and working in Africa, Uganda preferred; Ugandan nationals are encouraged to apply;
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and navigate politically sensitive terrain;
· Familiarity with USAID programming, rules and regulations;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to ApplY:
Closing Date: 14th December 2011
Thursday, 8 December 2011
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title:Field Accountant, DR Congo Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo - The Field Accountant is responsible for administrative field...
Job Title:Construction Manager Location: Monrovia, Liberia FLSA: Exempt Core Sector: Infrastructure Experience Level: Regular Full-time ...