Job Title:Chief of Party, OVC, Nigeria
Location: Nigeria - Abuja
Division: International Operations
Save the Children
The Chief of Party (COP) will work with Save the Children’s existing country office in Nigeria, but will be solely responsible for overall management of the USAID Cooperative Agreement for the anticipated Orphans and Vulnerable Children Program. S/he will provide strategic and operational leadership to develop and implement a successful and integrated multi-sectoral program that builds upon existing USAID/PEPFAR and GON investment and that will achieve memorable outcomes in the mitigation of the impact of HIV/AIDS on children, families and communities in Nigeria. The program will reflect the objectives of the PEPFAR strategy with respect to care and support for orphans and other vulnerable children affected by HIV/AIDS.
* Advanced degree in international relations, public health, or related field
* 10-12 years of field-based experience managing large and complex overseas, multi-partner development programs, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa.
* Experience managing large scale USAID funded project(s) at a senior level
* Demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with USAID (PEPFAR) policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
* Experience in managing large child focused field programs for an international NGO
* Demonstrated skills in strategic and program planning and understanding of HIV/AIDS-related support services
* Demonstrated skills in leadership and supervision of staff and teams
* Demonstrated skills in building and maintaining a high performance team internally and across organizations.
* Demonstrated skills in negotiating with partners at a strategic and contractual level and proven skills in diplomacy
* Familiarity with USAID regulations and policies, with specific understanding of PEPFAR guidelines, rules and regulations.
* Extensive experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa; specific work experience in Nigeria desirable.
* Proven experience building capacity of local NGOs and government bodies.
* Proven ability in promoting and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders
* Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English required.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In 2010, we improved the lives of over 64 million children in need in the United States and around the world. Our goal is to reach more than 74 million children annually by the year 2012. Join our dedicated and diverse staff committed to improving the well-being of children.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more.
We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity.
How to Apply:
Closing Date: 13th December 2011
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title: Surveillance Detection Guard Coordinator VACANCY No: 34-2011 OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates Within and Outside of the Missio...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...