Job Title:Chief of Party, PRIME Program, Ethiopia
Location: Ethiopia - Addis Ababa
Division: International Operations
Save the Children
The PRIME Program will be responsible for increasing incomes and improving resiliency and the adaptive capacity of pastoral communities to climate change through market expansion. PRIME will be implemented in selected pastoral and agro-pastoral districts (Woredas) of Somali, Afar and Oromia Regions of Ethiopia. As a result of the multiple factors required for a healthy and productive pastoral economy, multiple USAID program areas will fund PRIME including Feed the Future (FTF), Global Climate Change, Global Health (nutrition, HIV/AIDS and Health) and the Water earmark. PRIME will implement an approach to (a) developing the livestock sector in pastoral areas by improving production systems and increasing market access; (b) increasing the resiliency and adaptive capacity to climate change related livelihood risk and vulnerabilities; and (c) building the household assets of chronically food insecure and vulnerable households. The outcome of these efforts will include increased household incomes, assets and improved nutrition, while addressing gender and cross-cutting constraints such as HIV/AIDS, human health, water and sanitation and conflict. In total, PRIME investments in the pastoral areas are meant to meet Ethiopia’s MDG1 targets.
The Chief of Party (COP) is the key leadership role for this project and will be responsible for managing all aspects of the program including meeting the objectives of the project while providing overall technical, administrative, operational, and logistical management, with a focus on achieving the results defined in this five-year co-operative agreement. The COP is responsible for developing a strong, coherent vision within PRIME and initiating innovative strategies across the program. This position requires significant long-term experience in pastoral and livestock issues in the region, and strong leadership and coordination skills.
• Masters Degree in international development, livestock, agriculture, natural resource, environment or related field of study or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of ten years of progressively international work experience in managing and implementing pastoral or livestock programs in the Horn of Africa, with a demonstrable track record of innovation and leadership.
• At least five years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience including direct supervision of professional and support staff; and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development programs
• At least five years of senior management experience in project or organizational management, gender mainstreaming and working in a multi-cultural environment
• Demonstrated skills in strategic and program planning and understanding of pastoral and livestock issues in the Horn of Africa
• Proven ability in promoting and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders
• Demonstrated skills in leadership and supervision over large projects
• Familiarity with USAID regulations and policies
• Extensive experience working in Africa and Ethiopia in particular
• Proven experience building capacity of local NGOs and government bodies
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In 2010, we improved the lives of over 64 million children in need in the United States and around the world. Our goal is to reach more than 74 million children annually by the year 2012. Join our dedicated and diverse staff committed to improving the well-being of children.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more.
We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity.
How to Apply:
Closing Date: 13th december 2011
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Surveillance Detection Guard Coordinator VACANCY No: 34-2011 OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates Within and Outside of the Missio...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title : Procurement and Logistics Officer (Two Positions) Duty Station : Juba, South Sudan* OPEN TO INTERNAL & NON-REPRESENTED MEMBE...