Job Title: FFS Assistants(RAB)
About this job
The Rwanda Agriculture Board (RAB) is a government institution located in the capital, Kicukiro District having been established by the Rwandan government law No. 38/2010 on 25th November 2010 to provide research and extension services in order to improve agriculture services delivery. Among other missions, RAB is in charge of implementing the Rwanda Seed Initiative and the Rwanda FFS Initiative, which are financed by the program "Support to the SPAT II: Market oriented advisory services and quality seeds", funded by the Kingdom of Belgium under the number RWA 090711.
The Initiatives are implemented in the 4 different Agricultural division zones (Southern, Northern, Eastern and Western). For the execution of the Initiatives, the Rwanda Agriculture Board is currently recruiting the following positions:
Position: FFS ASSISTANTS
Numbers: 13(3 in North,3 in South, 3 in East and 4 in West)
Duties and responsibilities:
* Contribute to the implementation of all FFS activities in assigned zone
* Facilitate the selection of FFS facilitators
* Prepare, assist and actively participate in the training of the facilitators (TOT training by International master trainers)
* Supervise all the activities performed at the field level by FFS facilitators and by farmers in the FFS groups
* Provide all the required technical back-stopping to the different FFS groups (existing groups and newly established groups)
* Establishing links between the Rwanda FFS Initiative and the farmers/farmers' associations and other actors in the extension services
* Collecting all the data resulting from the FFS implementation at the grass root level in the zones of action
* Participating in the analysis and synthesis of data collected in view of facilitating program reports' elaboration.
* Informing supervisors about any observation requiring rapid action to ensure a suitable evolution of the activities at the field level;
* Bachelor's degree (AO) in agricultural sciences or in another area estimated equivalent
* Strong wish to be specialised in relation with extension based mainly on the FFS approach as well as with any other strategy of technology transfer in rural areas
* Experience in areas like FFS field implementation, crop protection, crop production, livestock production and in rural development would constitute a significant advantage
How to apply:
Interested candidates are highly encouraged Head to collect further information for each position available at RAB headquarters at support to SPATII-PROGRAM 2/MINAGRI. Head Office (Former MINAGRI Office) or request send their request using apply button below . For their application, candidates must send the following documents in a sealed envelope clearly mentioning the position they are applying for and the zone(s) in which they prefer to work.
* An application letter giving any information that the candidate finds interesting regarding the position and which doesn't well appear in the CV. This letter must also describe the motivation of the candidate for the position.
* A detailed curriculum vitae showing correlation with the described position
* A copy of the degree and justification of any professional experience (employment attestations and occupied functions)
How to Apply:
Applications addressed to Director General of RAB must be sent to the below address not later than 13/12/2011 at 5 p.m. in Central Secretariat. (RAB)
RWANDA AGRICULTURE BOARD
P.O. Box 5016 Kigali
Done at Kigali on 22/11/2011
Prof. NDABIKUNZE Shem Martin
Closing Date: 13/12/2011
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...