Job title: Emergency Security Officer, Juba
Closing Date: Tuesday, 31 January 2012
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES The security staff deployed with an ERT will:
* Travel to each site in their AOR on a regular basis to perform security surveys, write SOPs and Guidelines, insure the implementation of policies and procedures and provide training and guidance to IMC staff and leadership. During an emergency response the SO should familiarize him/her self with all non security surveys and rapid assessment tools utilized by IMC to better understand the impact this may have on any given location.
* Liaise with all IMC staff on a regular basis insuring the flow of reliable information and resources are provided up and down the chain of command.
* Take an active roll to build good working relationships with local authorities, NGO security coordination groups the UN and other security actors within their AOR. In an emergency response you maybe the only or the first NGO security professional on the ground. It is up to you to fid sources, develop relationships and when possible initiate information sharing structures with other NGO's in the area.
* Provide weekly formal written security reports to the DGS
* Hold regular meetings with team leader to review advise and improve IMC's program security infrastructure, actively listening to their perceived needs and giving advice and guidance as needed.
* Provide regular contextualized security briefings to new and existing staff make sure to utilize any existing structures to improve IMC
* Advise the Team Leader and/or CD regarding contracted guard services and when appropriate assist in the hiring of national staff, the acquisition of materials and the site selection for IMC offices, guest houses, ware houses etc.
* Insuring drivers and guards (regardless of their employment status) receive regular training and understand the importance of their role within IMC, IMC's core values and their responsibility to the organization.
* Insure IMC's Incident tracking system is utilized properly and perform incident mapping and analysis.
* When directed by the Team Leader carry out investigations, and capture lessons learned to be incorporated into future staff training.
* Communicate with HQ security on a regular basis via phone, e-mail and Skype keeping the security department up to date on all issues of security management in the AOR.
* Act as a key member of the Field Incident Team when required during a crisis.
* Keep excellent records and logs to ensure continuity of this position for years to come.
* Insure travel tracking of all IMC staff within the region is managed properly at the country level.
* Receive, brief and track the deployment of HQ staff and donors to the AOR.
* Support program staff as needed and appropriate.
* Other duties as assigned.
How to apply:
Please visit our careers page to apply: www.imcworldwide.org
Closing Date: 31 January 2012
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...