Job Title: Chief of Party, Ibadan, Nigeria
Closing Date: Friday, 23 December 2011
CALL FOR RESUMES: CONFLICT HALT AND NEGATION OF GROWING EXTREMISM (CHANGE) PROPOSAL
CHIEF OF PARTY
Interested candidates should send CV & cover letter to NigeriaRecruit@dai.com
Background: DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management , and exceptional customer service to solve our clients' most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change . Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
DAI is anticipating a forthcoming U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) program in Nigeria called "Conflict Halt and Negation of Growing Extremism" (CHANGE). The CHANGE project will be cross-cutting to promote collaboration between government and civil society to address resource-related, communal and political outbreaks of violence. CHANGE will enhance the skills of the five Conflict Mitigation and Management Regional Councils working in multiple states to address violence and advocate for improvement in the government's response to violence.
Role: The Chief of Party will be the lead interlocutor between USAID and Nigerian officials and the CHANGE program to promote collaboration between government and civil society to address resource-related, communal, and political outbreaks of violence and implement programming to conduct mediation and negotiation between disputing groups and communities.
Responsibilities: The Chief of Party will:
* Provide leadership and oversight to all project activities
* Make key decisions and solve problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and program integrity.
* Serve as primary liaison to USAID, Nigerian officials, local counterparts (including civil society and religious leaders), and DAI home office management , ensuring clear communications and consistent expectations across all parties
* Oversee implementation of conflict mediation and negotiation activities
* Ensure compliance with all USAID and DAI rules and regulations
* Provide timely reporting to USAID
* Minimum of Master's Degree in conflict resolution , international development, international relations or related field preferred. Bachelor's Degree required.
* Minimum of 12 years of demonstrated ability to successfully implement conflict mitigation & peace building activities in a conflict country environment.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* High level of interpersonal and diplomatic skills required.
* A sound understanding of development, political, natural resource, and religious issues in Nigeria and/or the West Africa region highly desirable.
* Previous experience implementing USAID-funded projects in conflict environments highly desirable
* Knowledge of Nigerian counterparts, individuals, and organizations active or interested in private sector issues highly desirable.
* Previous work with at-risk youth desired.
* Previous work experience in Nigeria and/or the West Africa region desired.
* Fluency in English required.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to: NigeriaRecruit@dai.com
Closing Date: Friday, 23 December 2011
Friday, 2 December 2011
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...