Job Title: Country Accountant, N'Djamena, Chad
Closing Date: Wednesday, 14 December 2011
Job Purpose: The Country Accountant will be responsible for the effective management of Concern Chad country programme's finances. This will include general accounting controllership, finance staff management, partner finance oversight, training, treasury management, financial planning/budgeting, and reporting. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring proper financial management and reporting on all donor grants and other funds raised by Concern. Maintaining and managing controls & procedures to safeguard and account for all assets, funds and interests of Concern's operations is a crucial part of the role. The Country Accountant will undertake staff training & development. Where the country operations works with partners, the Country Accountant is responsible for partner assessment, monitoring & capacity building. The post holder is also a member of the senior management team and will participate in all key decisions relating to finance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities: Financial Control
* Maintain an effective & efficient system of internal controls which comply with Concern Worldwide's financial guidelines.
* Review existing systems on an on-going basis in order to develop and improve internal controls, in compliance with Concern's policies and procedures
* Ensure that all financial records & accounts are compiled timely, accurately and in line with international accounting standards & donor regulations
* Ensure that the country financial operations comply with legal & statutory requirements e.g. audit & financial reporting to all relevant national authorities.
* Ensure that country management prepares the annual & revised Country budget and donor budgets, as accurately as possible. . Financial Reporting
* Ensure timely & accurate preparation of monthly management accounts for budget-holders and Country Management to ensure that they can take appropriate action on any significant variances.
* Ensure timely & accurate preparation of quarterly financial reports for Dublin (Financial Reporting Pack (FRP))
* Ensure timely & accurate preparation of donor reports for external donors / agencies.
* Reconcile all balance sheet items on a quarterly basis, in accordance with Concern Worldwide policies & procedures
* Finalise year end accounts for external auditor and provide any ad-hoc year reports for Dublin Finance. Financial Systems
* Ensure that country financial management systems & records are adequate in order to identify and protect the assets & interest of the organization.
* Ensure that the systems in place, enhance, as far as possible, the efficiency & effectiveness of the manner in which assets are utilized
* Ensure that the global accounting package (Microsoft Great Plains) is maintained in a proper manner, and utilized in an appropriate & effective manner.
* Establish & maintain a donor financial management system in order to optimize funding & to ensure efficient & accurate reporting to donors.
* Ensure adequate controls over cash & bank management are constantly monitored & updated to minimize the risk of fraud or misappropriation.
* Undertake regular field visits in order to assess the financial systems in place & implement improvements wherever needed.
* Develop the capacity of the local finance team in N'Djamena, Goz-Beida and Gore to ensure that a good standard of financial management is maintained.
* Develop a second layer of staff who can fill the gap whenever any position is vacant in the finance team.
* Undertake financial training of budget-holders, to assist them in enforcing financial controls & making decisions based on financial reports.
Other financial duties
* Facilitate internal, external & donor audits
* Ensure that all statutory deductions & taxes in respect of national staff are complied with & to liaise with relevant authorities in this respect.
* Assist in the development & implementation of the Country's Strategic Plan
* Any other finance-related assignments
PERSON SPECIFICATION ESSENTIAL Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
Accountancy Qualification (e.g. CPA, ACA, ACCA) 3 years post qualification experience Experience managing large programme budgets Previous experience in Concern or a similar organisation
DESIRABLE Education, Qualifications & Experience Required: Experience in preparing budgets and reports for international donors. Experience in staff capacity development and management Knowledge of development issues and concepts. Experience of working/living in an insecure environment Fluent English and Basic French
Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines Good team worker Good Communication and Networking Skills
How to apply:
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date…. CV's should be no more than 4 pages in length. Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer posts before the closing date.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 14 December 2011
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...