Job Title:Nutrition Monitoring and Evaluations Program Manager
Field – Kenya – Contracted
Location: Dadaab, Kenya
Duration: 4 months (can be split in two, two month parts)
The Infant Feeding in Emergencies and Infant and Young Child Nutrition Monitoring and Evaluation Expert will be responsible for the following key areas: design and set-up the monitoring and evaluation systems for IFE/IYCN in collaboration with UNHCR and implementing partners (IRC, GIZ, MSF, IMC…), provide capacity building (both class-room and on-job training) on M&E to ACF project staff and IFE/ IYCN actors and partners, lead the final project evaluation on IFE/IYCN in the specific camp location, as part of the M&E system, provide guidelines in data analysis and lesson learning.
* In liaison with UNHCR and other key partners in the camps, review existing monitoring and evaluation tools and baseline reports and come up with M & E protocols and tools for IFE/IYCN to protect, promote and support optimal infant and young child feeding in Dadaab’s camps
* Put mechanism through the Monitoring tools that can offer insight into the documentation process of IFE/IYCN best practices throughout the lifespan of the project after implementation. Provide specific guidelines on M&E data analysis and lesson learning. Lead the ACF-USA nutrition team in developing comprehensive M&E plans in relation to activities in support of optimal complementary feeding practices in the refugee camps and in key strategic areas like the reception areas, registration points, in the blocks and among the general refugee population.
* Lead the ACF-USA nutrition team in setting-up the M&E system, including agreement between ACF and IFE/IYCN partners on data collection, data exchange, data analysis, technical support by ACF etc.
* Provide capacity building to ACF (both class-room and on-job training) on M&E to ACF project staff and IFE/ IYCN actors and partners based on capacity assessment, in order to successfully implement the M&E system.
* Carry out a final project evaluation to assess the achievements of the project and draw lessons learnt.
Qualifications and skills required
* Extensive knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation field especially in the areas of Infant and Young child nutrition.
* Knowledge and experience of the humanitarian environment in crises;
* Established excellence in written communication, including the preparation of documents to meet strict deadlines;
* Strong personal communication skills, ability to facilitate liaison between different sectors
* Good training skills, with a proven ability to build capacity of others.
* Fluent in spoken and written English
* Good initiative, ability to work independently
* Knowledge and skills in advanced computing, including SPPSS, EXCEL
How to Apply:
Closing Date:8th December 2011
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...