Job Title: Closing & Reporting Leader - South Africa Job
Location: Midrand, South Africa
Job Number: 1455941
Business GE Corporate
Business Segment: Corporate Finance & Operating Components
About Us: * GE is a diversified technology; media and financial services company dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and plastics, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide.
Posted Position Title: Closing & Reporting Leader - South Africa
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Controllership
Location: South Africa
Postal Code: 1685
Relocation Assistance No
Role Summary/Purpose: GE is expanding in Sub-Sahara Africa region and we are inviting Senior Finance & Accounting Professional to join Global Business Services team in South Africa.
Essential Responsibilities • Lead USGAAP Accounting and Reporting function covering Transportation business in South Africa
• Lead team of Accountants, ensure proper work allocation, team coaching and development
• Month/ Quarter/ Year close Reporting
• Establish Risk Control process & ensure accuracy of Financials
• Manage the year end statutory audit
• Monthly/ Quarterly Account Reconciliations
• GAAP to STAT reconciliation process
• Review T-Accounting, ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance to established policies & procedures and GAAP
• Work closely with business Finance, tax and Controllership teams
• Drive continuous process improvements in the accounting processes in the Center, including key Controllership projects.
• Using Business ERPs, Acc Rec tool, eCompliance, other GBSs systems and tools.
Qualifications/Requirements: • CA(SA) essential
• 8 to 10 years of experience
• Solid US GAAP/IFRS knowledge & experience, preferably combined with STAT/TAX
• High Integrity standards
• Compliance mind set
Open mind and Customer focus
• Demonstrated Leadership capabilities
• Flexible and energetic person, hands on mentality
• Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills (oral & written) skills
• Strong inclination towards quality process improvement
• International experience in multinational and/or Big 4 firm strong advantage
Desired Characteristics - Strong technical skills in USGAAP, Controllership & Compliance
- Service excellence and strong customer focus
- Ability to priorities multi-task workload and meet tight deadlines
- High energy, self-starter, independent worker with a proven track record in driving change
- Team player / team builder
- Detail orientated
- Global mindset and global career interest
How to Apply:
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...