Job Title: LED and Outdoor Luminaire Specification Engineer – South Af Job
Location: Wendywood, South Africa
Job Number: 1459562
Business GE Home & Business Solutions
Business Segment: GE Appliances & Lighting
Posted Position Title: LED and Outdoor Luminaire Specification Engineer – South Af
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Client, Account and Affiliate Origination and Management
Location: South Africa
Postal Code: 2144
Relocation Assistance No
Role Summary/Purpose: Generate market demand and sales volume for GE LED’s and Outdoor Luminaires in the South Africa region, executing on a mix of initiatives with both Buying and Non Buying Customers – distributors, specifiers, engineering companies, architects, lighting design companies, and other relevant potential customers as well as informing and training the opinion leaders.
This position will report to the Area Sales Manager – South Africa and will be based in Johannesburg.
Essential Responsibilities - Define the sales plan together with the Sales Manager concerning initiatives, target markets, distributors, new customers / companies, projects, products and impact on sales volume.
- Conduct in conjunction with and in support of the Sales Manager: communication / training programs, workshops, training sessions - to the targeted opinion leaders, lighting designing companies, distributors, etc. - for improving / enlarging the lighting product range in the market.
- Support and assist GE distributors to promote the GE LED and outdoor product ranges to their customers and end users
- Increase the product offering and range currently purchased via the distribution channel for the range of luminaries and lighting products available.
- Responsibility for obtaining the required Standards Authority approvals (SABS) and documentation for lamps and luminaries as required, along with management of levies/duties payable to such authorities.
- Increase tender opportunities in the region and manage the tender submission process for LED’s luminaries and lamps with distributors and customers, including – pricing, documentation, follow-up, feedback.
- Generate vendor lists and identify key End User and Specifiers (e.g., lighting designers, engineers, architects) segments and drive market share and sales for lighting, LED, ballast and lighting solutions
- Provide market information and research as well conducting own End User market assessments including current revenue and supplier, installed product base, GE share and potential revenue value.
- Creates action plans to End Users/Specifiers and prioritize a focused target list to create a pipeline of near and long-term opportunities
- Develop strategic, long-term relationships with key decision makers at end user accounts.
- Create and deliver impactful presentations to End-Users to inspire them to specify GE Lighting Solutions; clearly demonstrate the value proposition as influenced by changing legislation and new technology advancement.
- Utilize partners (distribution, contractor etc.) and coordinate with influencers (Specifiers, public utilities, architects, engineers, designers, etc.) to “own” the entire sales process and maximize revenue opportunities for the business.
- Work as a team with colleagues to provide support for End User targets that are part of a joint business plan with distribution.
- Maintain ownership of End User accounts. Build relationship value and the GE Brand with targeted End Users by continuing to mine for unmet needs and linking them to other GE Lighting Solutions or other solutions within the broad GE portfolio.
- Utilize End User knowledge and marketing resources to build a lead generation campaign to replenish individual pipeline and deliver qualified leads to key distribution.
- Use CRM Tool to maintain competitive information, build a pipeline of opportunities and track results of End User targets.
- Continue to build technical skill set across the broad range of GE Lighting products to be recognized as “the lighting expert” by End Users/Specifiers.
- Capitalize on green building trends and seek creative ways to leverage the GE lighting Solutions.
- Provide feedback to other commercial functions such as Product Management, Marketing and Commercial Services to maximize penetration of the End User marketplace.
- Use Economic Value Selling and other sales techniques to secure a commitment to execute the project. Understand and create "Mapping out" the critical decision makers
- Understand the End User value drivers, and illustrates the financial and intangible benefits of the GE solution (cost of ownership)
- Take ownership of tendering process for big projects.
- Approximately 80% of time will be spent on End User/Specification sales development activities.
Qualifications/Requirements: - 7+ years experience in the lighting industry, lighting design and / or project management and / or specification, with understanding of the value proposition
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience working through the project development process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Persuasive skills to influence decision-making process; Ability to clearly present and articulate a value proposition.
- Ability to effectively identify and qualify prospects in new market areas.
- Strong technical experience and aptitude with proven ability to sell a technical solution.
- Working knowledge of business finance and experience selling products that require capital budgeting. Ability to quickly assess the financial willingness of a customer to undertake a project.
- Ability to develop and grow relationships at multiple levels internal and external.
- Proven ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office Suite or related tools, including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Self-confident, creative thinker who can contribute to overall sales development strategy.
- Results-driven with a sense of urgency and strong follow up skills.
- Ability to influence customers and develop good customer relations.
- Industry network in the lamp/lighting/specification environment is necessary.
- Good command of the English language for preparing reports and e-mail, attending conference calls with capacity to present issues and give clarifications.
- Good presentation skills.
- Collaboration and teamwork
- High self-motivation
- Traveling is a requirement
Desired Characteristics - Self-starter; experience and ability to work with little direction and within a team environment where the performance of others affects personal success
- Experience selling to End Users within a distribution based model; and commercial savvy to manage the competing dynamics within the distribution channel.
- Experience developing and executing strategic plans with construction contractors, architect / engineering companies, and end users such as commercial businesses, hospitals, industrial facilities and retail stores.
How to Apply:
Deadline: 12th December 2011
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title:Construction Manager Location: Monrovia, Liberia FLSA: Exempt Core Sector: Infrastructure Experience Level: Regular Full-time ...
Job Title:Field Accountant, DR Congo Bunia, Democratic Republic of the Congo - The Field Accountant is responsible for administrative field...