Job Title: Senior Program Manager/Advisor
Location: South Sudan
Req ID: 2161
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Senior Program Manager/ Advisor for the Sudan Technical Assistance program under the Global Learning group. This position is based in Southern Sudan.
General Capacity-building Approaches:
· Work together with the leadership and counterpart in the State Ministries of Education (SmoE) to build effective systems of planning, budgeting, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of programs.
· Coordinate the activities of the SMoE with county education departments and assist the state ministry to build capacity in planning and implementation at the county level.
· Build capacity by providing direct on-the-job training in the state ministry.
· Assist the SMoE in the production of yearly plans, periodic reports and financial accountability.
· Focus on programs that affect teachers and teacher quality: teacher verification, registration and payment systems, teacher hiring and assignment, teacher professional development, and the expansion of in-service programs throughout the state.
· Support the effectiveness and ownership of RoSS-MoE priority programs at the state ministry level, using all of these activities as broad-spectrum capacity building programs.
· Work to improve gender awareness among all education professionals and gender balance in all programs.
· Work in a proactive manner to leverage additional donor and NGO funding for programs at the state level.
· General Management Responsibilities:
· Collaborate with project team members in the development and analysis of project implementation data for reporting purposes and assist the project team in preparation of required reports and deliverables.
· Maintain project financial records at the post and provide this to the Juba office on a monthly basis.
· Contribute to FHI 360 regional safety and security measures. Communicate with the FHI 360 management and incident management team (COP, DCOP, RSM) any issues or changes in the security situation.
· Supervise the Project Officer for Education assigned to the SMoE.
· Supervise the driver for the state and monitor safe driving practices.
Masters in one of the following or related fields: Education, Education Planning, Education Policy and Educational Administration required or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Doctorate preferred. 7 years of relevant experience required including at least 5 involving basic education programs in Africa. Experience in a conflict or post-conflict context preferred.
Experience working in South Sudan, with strong knowledge of the South Sudan education system and policies preferred.
How to Apply:
Closing Date: 16th December 2011
Thursday, 8 December 2011
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...