Job Title:Group Human Resources and Development - Learning and Assessment - Senior Manager
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Firm Service: Firm Internal
Reference Code: ZA53971SP
Type of Position: Full-time
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients, and our people. If you're ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you're ready for Deloitte. With 182,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world's largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you'll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
As Internal Clients Services, our objective is to provide the firm and our people with the means, and knowledge to fulfil our professional responsibilities.
This group of highly talented individuals includes the support functions of Deloitte, which include:
* Group Human Resources & Development
* Group Information Services
* Group Administration Services
We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. We are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value, and strength from cultural diversity.
About the Job
We are looking for the person who is best able to fulfill the following job requirements
* In addition to functional responsibilities, individuals at this level will be expected to coach /or supervise team members.
* Leads the development and recommendation of the strategic and financial plans of the department in accordance with the firm's goals and objectives; oversees preparation and administration of financial budgets.
* Provides advice to leaders and may have direct responsibility for management of a functional unit within Learning.
* Assesses performance and determines learning and development requirements.
* Work consists primarily of projects in support of longer term functional/department/firm goals.
* Since much work is assigned/delegated to others - skilful forward planning is required.
* Makes decisions of a complex nature related to area of expertise
* Exercises significant amount of judgement, guided by general policy and business objectives in identifying, adapting and applying procedures and approaches to address unusual situations and resolve.
* Approves recommended solutions to complex problems and formulates recommendations on course of action that may have a significant impact on the firm.
* Resolves interpersonal issues with tact and maintains relationships.
* Forward thinking and anticipation of problems.
* Establishes authority, respect and rapport with employee team in order to build enthusiasm for realising the firm's strategies and values.
* Ensures all employees in team receive necessary coaching as required.
* Identifies personal development needs and jointly sets personal plan with Learning Associate.
* Ensures that personal plans are in place for team members.
* Design, lead and implement initiatives
We are looking for someone who has the following qualifications
* Post graduate qualification in a field relevant to Learning and experience
You would need to have the following Experience and Technical Competencies
* High level of commercial/business awareness
* Expert technical knowledge of Leadership and Learning
* Business acumen
* Advanced relationship building & networking skills at all levels
* Above average knowledge and experience in MS Office
You would need to have the following Behavioural Competencies
* Ability to persuade and influence
* Client Service Orientation
* Ability to manage expectations
* Self awareness
* Responsible & accountable
* Resourceful problem solver
* Excellent oral & written communication skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to anticipate and manage change
* Strategic thinking ability - ability to envision future and prepare ground work to achieve this
How to Apply:
Closing Date: 14th December 2011
Thursday, 8 December 2011
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Surveillance Detection Guard Coordinator VACANCY No: 34-2011 OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates Within and Outside of the Missio...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title : Procurement and Logistics Officer (Two Positions) Duty Station : Juba, South Sudan* OPEN TO INTERNAL & NON-REPRESENTED MEMBE...