Job Title: Group Human Resources & Development — Human Resources — Senior Consultant
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Firm Service: Firm Internal
Reference Code: ZA51344SP
Type of Position: Full-time
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 170,000 professionals in more than 140 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
Deloitte's professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you'll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
Group Human Resources & Development (GHR&D) is all about the People of Deloitte and is committed to the firm's strategies of attracting, retaining and developing the best people. We are committed to being the undisputed Employer of Choice among the professional services firms and to enable a culture where all people - regardless of culture, gender and discipline - can succeed.
GHR&D is proud to be part of Deloitte and this Pride extends to who we are and what we do! We are committed to the firm's growth as a multi-disciplinary practice and will continue to provide the support that enables this. Furthermore, we are committed to the importance of profitability in the firm and support the firm's strategy by managing productivity efficiently and scrutinising our cost base.
We love what we do and we have a passion for the firm and our people. We are committed to continue building our reputation, underpinning everything we do with integrity, quality and a striving for the best in the services we provide.
About the Job
Human Resources Senior Consultants are responsible for working with the company's Senior Management to develop HR, both as a function and as human capital. They provide the Company with a high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, excellence in standards, goal attainment and the ongoing development and management of a superior workforce to meet the Company's strategic business goals. The Human Resources Senior Consultant has to be in constant touch with the employees of the company. He or she provides advice to the staff, supervisors and trains them in various aspects, informing the employees about the policies of the company. The need to keep employees informed in order to facilitate decision making is also one of the prime functions of the role.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring that HR contributions and practices are aligned with business strategy
* Gaining an understanding of client business environment and integrate this into HR solution
* Demonstrating an understanding of the climate relating to transformation in the Business Unit which informs the development and implementation of strategies to address areas of concern and leverage areas of strength.
* Developing a comprehensive manpower plan reflecting the staffing needs (number, transformation targets, level, skill & qualification), taking into account turnover, promotions, secondments, extended absences and business strategy.
* Generating generic up to date role descriptions
* Facilitating development of generic KPA's per level to ensure business will achieve strategic objectives
* Ensuring that there are clear and transparent guidelines in place for criteria for promotions
* Assisting the business to plan and implement regular performance feedback
* Facilitating poor performance management
* Identifying target turnover and defining strategy to address the gap between current & target turnover.
* Making appropriate use of management reports to provide strategic HR input into people initiatives relating to Talent
* Providing guidance and advice on application, interpretation of policies & procedures with due regard for consistency fairness and equity as well as flexibility.
* Adherence to policies & procedures
* Designing, developing and administration of HR projects
* Active involvement in assisting team members in realising career and development goals Creation of a high performance culture within the team which enables and empowers people to deliver their best work
* Recognition & reward of contribution made by team and peers formally (DW2010) and informally
You would need to have the following Experience and Technical Competencies:
* 4-6 years experience in the HR field
* Advanced technical knowledge of HR
* Sound knowledge and insight on legislative and compliance matters
* Business acumen
* Above average knowledge and experience in MS Office
You would need to have the following Behavioural Competencies:
* A strong team-orientation with the ability to use own initiative
* Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
* Ability to anticipate change
* Above average problem solving skills
* Excellent organizational, planning skills and attention to detail
* The ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people
* Strong judgment and decision-making skills
* Relevant Human Resources tertiary qualification
* Honours Degree an advantage
How to Apply:
Closing Date: 14th December 2011
Thursday, 8 December 2011
Job Title:Administrative Officer (Director of Management and Operations Overseas) Agency:Peace Corps Sub Agency:Peace Corps Job Announcem...
Job Title: Health Knowledge, Practices and Coverage Survey Consultant, Juba, South Sudan Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2011 The Inter...
Job Title: OVC Specialist, Zambia Location: Zambia - Lusaka Division: International Operations Description Save the Children Summary Th...
Job Title:Regional OPCO Lead Duties and Responsibilities: Driving all the HUB process. Responsible for EUS / ES. Responsible for...
Job Title: Senior Program Management Specialist FROM : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE, USAID/ETHIOPIA SUBJECT : JOB/VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. ...